From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how can I disable renaming of root fs to "/dev/root"?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:40:32
1 Hi,
2 this is actually not problem but rather a matter of customs:
3 My new fresh installed system shows root-fs in "df" as
4 /dev/root, not actuall device (in my case /dev/md2).
5
6 I think I coud get used to it, but some software still needs
7 /dev/md2 (i.e. lilo), other does not find /dev/md2 anymore
8 and needs /dev/root to work properly (i.e. monit).
9
10 Moreover, in /etc/fstab I still have to use /dev/md2 as root
11 filesystem, while /etc/mtab shows only /dev/root.
12
13 I do not like such a mess and I'd like to put it in rather
14 consistent state where root filesystem has always the same
15 and only name. Is there some way to stop this renaming
16 of root filesystem to /dev/root and let it be as in old
17 baselayout1?
18
19 Jarry
20 --
22 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
23 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.