From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc upgrade
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:56:25
1 On Saturday 10 July 2010 02:57:42 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 07/10/2010 04:16 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > I just updated the portage tree and gcc was upgraded. I have set gcc to
6 > > the newer version
7 > >
8 > > -> gcc-config -l
9 > >
10 > > [1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.4
11 > > [2] i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.4.3 *
12 > >
13 > > and I am trying to rebuild the whole system with
14 > >
15 > > emerge -e system
16 > > emerge -e world
17 > >
18 > > assuming this all goes without trouble (will take a while), should I
19 > > unmerge version 4.3.4?
20 >
21 > There's no reason to. Unless you don't need it anymore.
22
23 And why is the OP rebuilding world at all? There's no reason to do that
24 either, there's no API/ABI break between 4.3.4 and 4.3.3
25
26 Unless he's the kind of guy who likes to rip his Ferrari apart for kicks and
27 put it all back together again so that not even the factory can notice...
31 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com