From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: lost /boot recovery options?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:58:09
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > > Something really weird is going on. I building a kernel all I had in
5 > > /boot was the 2.6.18-gentoo-r3 files listed above. After running
6 > > 'emerge -v grub'
7 > > all of the previous files and including the System.map, kernel
8 > > and config files suddenly appeared under /boot. I keep old kernels
9 > > around for 4 or 5 generations back.
10
11 > That seems weird, unless /boot wasn't mounted before.
12
13 Nope is was mounted. That where I copied over the new
14 kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r3.....
15
16 Maybe reiserfs on the boot partition has anomolous features....
17
18 > > > Install GRUB to the MBR again (this step may not be necessary, but
19 > > > it's best to be safe).
20
21 > > 3] from the handbook:
22 > > grub-install /dev/hda