From: Peter De Zutter <goanookie@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dell PowerEdge 800 CERC SATA RAID Controller
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:49:05
1 Hi,
2
3 not on PE800 but on PE1300 with scsi disks and no raid controller,
4 the hardest thing to do was getting that poweredge boot off a livecd.
5 It didn't boot with the livecd untill I connected an old ide drive.
6 With that old drive the livecd boot was ok, then checked output of dmesg,
7 and I could use the scsi drives also. And the tape drive even works, after
8 change a scsi bios setting :)
9 I also found that the dell forums had quite a bit info about scsi and raid
10 controllers and how to used them with linux.
11
12 Peter
13