From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this working correctly??
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 19:09:51
1 On 23/08/2017 09:03, Thomas Mueller wrote:
2 > You (Dale) seem to have corrected the multipart/alternative problem, except one message (Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: downgrading glibc) where multipart/alternative went through.
3 >
4 > I would never design an email client to send multipart/alternative by default, and might design an email client to not support multipart/alternative at all in composed messages.
7 And that's why your mail client will never rule the world, but Outlook
8 and GMail's web interface does.
9
10 I think it's high time we techies all got over the HTML thing now. We
11 all have high speed internet these days, you can't buy a spinning drive
12 smaller than 1TB anymore and apart from a few holdfasts like decent
13 Mailman lists (eg this one and kernel.org), email is a thing that idiots
14 at work use like it was IM. Most other folks moved on...
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com