From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] new laptop - back screen
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:02:45
1 Hi,
2
3 I bought myself a lenovo Ideapad U160 which should be in specs like this
4 on [1]. I want to have gentoo on it. The base system worked well, so I
5 tried to see the penguins. I followed this guide [2] (uvesa). Now I see
6 grub, then I see the penguins for a part of a second an then the screen
7 is all black. The rest of the booting is fine. I can ssh in an reboot
8 and everything. rc log shows no fault. I attach the config.
9 Can anybody tell me what I did wrong? I would like to have both:
10 penguins while booting an a screen I can work with.
11
12 Thanks for your help
13
14 kh