From: Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] noatime option is ignored for /
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 20:54:44
1 On Sun, 13 May 2007 21:28:41 +0200 Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Robert Cernansky wrote:
4 > > and 'mount' command shows:
5 > >
6 > > /dev/sda6 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,usrquota,grpquota)
7 > >
8 > > but /proc/mounts does not show noatime option:
9 > >
10 > > /dev/root / ext3 rw,data=ordered,usrquota,grpquota 0 0
11 >
12 > Hmm, same thing here:
13 [...]
14 > During a normal boot an ext2/ext3 root partition gets remounted:
15 > first it gets mounted read-only in case it needs to be fschecked,
16 > and then remounted read-write.
17 >
18 > I've changed the bootscripts to skip this double step, with the
19 > unintended effect of not getting all options applied. (Fixed now.)
20 > Maybe you did too?
21
22 I didn't modified the init scripts. But now I looked what is starting
23 at boot and found out that / is remounted also during quotacheck - and
24 this is the one that causes the problem.
25
26 I've booted into single user mode and / was mounted correctly. Then
27 ran quotacheck and after that it was mounted without noatime. So it is
28 probably quotacheck bug. For now I added 'mount -o remount /' command
29 to /etc/local.start as a workaround.
30
31 Thank you all for your replies.
32