From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash Drive Install
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:16:01
1 On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 17:01 +0000, James wrote:
2 > sean <tech.junk <at> myfairpoint.net> writes:
5 > > Once you go through the steps instructed here,
6 > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/liveusb.xml
7 >
8 > cool
9
10 Also see my blog
11 http://nthrbldyblg.blogspot.com/2008/06/gentoo-linux-live-usb-key.html
12 which has an easy way of creating a gentoo live usb key (if that's what
13 you wanted). It works really well with modern hardware.
14
15 > > Can the live CD install be altered to work just like a normal Gentoo system?
16 > > I have managed to get my hands on a 16GB flash drive, and am thinking of
17 > > trying it out.
18
19 Just be mindful of James' comment about lots of writes!
24 There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.