From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I get LVM2 off a drive?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:09:28
1 I did an experiment with LVM2 to see how it worked, but I put it
2 inside of partition 3. I then wanted to remove it and put it in
3 partition 4 instead. (More like Neil's setup.) However, the system
4 keeps finding the old vg1 volume group. I went so far as to remove all
5 partitions, put on a new partition, make a new file system, then
6 remove that filesystem and do my final ones with LVM2 in partition 4
7 but the system still finds the old vg1 volume group and complains that
8 sda3 is too small.
9
10 I guess this is in the partition table? If so how do I completely
11 remove the LVM2 data and set the table back to default?
12
13 Thanks in advance,
14 Mark
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list