From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] RAID 1 over network
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:40:55
1 Hi all!
2
3 Short:
4 What is the best way to setup something similar to RAID 1 over a WAN?
5
6 Background:
7 Two LAMP servers are located in geographically different locations
8 connected through a load balancer to the net:
9
10 LAMP A--------LAMP B
11 \ /
12 \ /
13 \ /
14 \ /
15 \ /
16 \ /
17 V
18 load balancer LB
19 |
20 |
21 WAN
22
23 One purpose of the setup is to have data redundancy. Thus we have to
24 ensure that the data is replicated in a timely manner. Replicating MySQL
25 data is not difficult. The problem is the file system data like uploaded
26 documents and pictures. We can monitor changes in the file system and
27 initiate rsync to copy files over the network, but I think it's not a
28 good solution. What we are after is a network equivalent of RAID 1.
29 Are there any viable solutions that could work over a WAN?
32 Cheers,
33 Renat
36 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
37 durch die sie entstanden sind.
38 (Einstein)