From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xdm login problems after recent emerge
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:42:56
1 Searching further I noticed this in my .xsession-errors:
2
3 /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession: /home/michael/.xsession: /bin/csh: bad interpreter:
4 No such file or directory
5
6 Not sure why csh is being called here, or where it is being called from . . .
7
8 On this machine /bin/csh is a symlink to tcsh:
9
10 # ls -la /bin/csh
11 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Mar 26 2006 /bin/csh -> /bin/tcsh
12
13 . . . which does not seem to exist?
14
15 # ls -la /bin/tcsh
16 ls: cannot access /bin/tcsh: No such file or directory
19 This is stretching my understanding. What do you think? Could it be related
20 to the recent update of /bin/bash and the way this is treated for non-KDE WMs
21 in /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession?
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick