From: billyd <billydw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No longer getting elog messages - Please cancel - Issue (Non-issue) resolved.
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:29:08
1 Special thanks to Alan and Nikos for offering help.
2
3 This morning I came up with a great idea for a test. I decided to re-emerge a
4 package that I know always logs a message to /var/log/portage/elog.
5
6 The package was nvidia-drivers, and after the emerge completed, I checked
7 /var/log/portage/elog and the expected message was there!
8
9 So, it appears my system is working properly. I apparently just went through
10 a period of time during which none of the packages brought in by emerge -uNDv
11 world had any messages that needed to be logged.
12
13 Sorry for the apparent unnecessary post. Sure is embarrassing, but I continue
14 to learn and you guys gave some new things to try in the future.
15
16 Grateful for the suggestions,
17
18 billyd