From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pm-suspend replacement?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:39:52
1 Hello, Gentoo.
2
3 I used to have a utility pm-suspend which would suspend the current
4 state of the machine to RAM (or, maybe to the swap partition) and shut
5 the machine down to a resting state. A keypress or mouse movement would
6 restore full functionality in a few seconds.
7
8 I think I lost this program in the emerge --depclean I did a couple of
9 months ago (the one that wanted to make my machine unbootable).
10
11 Is there anything to take its place? In particular I want actively to
12 put the machine into resting state (as opposed to it happening after a
13 period of inactivity), and I would prefer to do this without having to
14 start a GUI session.
15
16 I feel there must be something like this in portage, I just don't know
17 how to find it.
18
19 Thanks for the help!
22 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).