From: Petar Dimitrijevic <petar.dimitrijevic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Minimal Gentoo installation
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:57:11
1 Hi ppl,
2
3 My basic idea is to have chroot-ed environment which will be the full
4 system and then to install separate system with only minimal stuff
5 (without gcc, portage, ...). When I need to update the minimal system I
6 will first update the chrooted one and the emerge the updates onto the
7 new one.
8
9 So I got the stage3 tarball, unpacked it and and chrooted it. I've
10 updated all the packages and started installation of new packages with:
11 ROOT="/install" emerge ...
12
13 I wanted to ask if somebody has done something like this, is something
14 like this possible and are there any wiki's or howto's on this topic.
15 I've tried searching through the handbook and google-ing but had no luck.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Petar
19 --