From: schroder@×××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild problems
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:54:14
1 first of all, I appologise if this message breaks the thread. I'm using my ISP's
2 web interface as unmerging old versions of KDE seems to have broken kmail
5 On Wednesday 28 December 2005 13:39, a tiny voice compelled Benno Schulenberg
6 to write:
7 > schroder@×××××.net wrote:
8 > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
9 > > "=dev-lang/python-2.3.3-r1".
10 >
11 > That's a rather old one. Is that your current python, or just a
12 > slotted left-over? Check with 'emerge python -pv', 'eix -e python'
13 > or 'equery list python'. If it's your current python, first upgrade
14 > with 'emerge -1 python'. If it's a left-over, then remove it with
15 > 'emerge --prune python' (first use -p to see what it will do).
16 > Then remove the .rev* files and rerun revdep-rebuild.
17 >
18 > Benno
19
20 current installed python is: python-2.4.2
21 isn't "emerge --prune python dangerous? Wouldn't that break portage?
22 --
23 Regards, Ernie
24 100% Microsoft and Intel free
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list