From: David Corbin <gentoo.org@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Pin" an ebuild (mysql)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:35:28
1 On Saturday 05 November 2005 06:31 pm, David Corbin wrote:
2 > I recently did an "emerge -uavD world" like I ususally do, and it failed
3 > trying to upgrade mysql from 4.0 to 4.1. Well, I'd really like to need to
4 > keep 4.0 around. Is there some way to say, don't upgrade mysql when I
5 > "emerge -uavD world"?
6 >
7 > Even better, is there a way to have both versions of mysql installed?
8 >
9 > Naturally, I want to do this with portage (I know I could figure out how to
10 > do all this without portage.)
11
12 Is there anyway to install a 4.0.x version of mysql (using portage), if I
13 don't have it installed now?
18 > Thanks
19 > David
20 --