From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] New PC hangs/lacks ?
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 10:21:11
1 Hi,
2
3 while rendering with Blender the system performance (especially
4 graphic related stuff) lacks. That's not nice but it seems that this
5 is the way it is designed.
6
7 What makes me a little nervous are freezes of several seconds. It not
8 onlu freezes but the whole graphical interface of everything locks
9 down (I couldn't find a corona computer virus, though).
10
11 In the Xorg log I found this:
12
13 [ 2808.761] (WW) NVIDIA: Wait for channel idle timed out.
14
15 which possibly match such a moment of a freeze.
16
17 My setup:
18 Blender 2.90a (alpha) and Blender 2.83 (beta) and
19 Blender 2.82a (stable).
20 All Blender versions show the same problem.
21
22 X11/Openbox
23
24 NVidia 484.82 as delivered by NVidia, since the Gentoo
25 package does not install all files of the driver which
26 are needed for Blender (for example to support Optix).
27
28 No other application, which heavily uses the GPU was
29 running at that time.
30
31 MSI RTX 2060 SUPER
32 Ryzen 5 3600
33 32GB RAM
34 MSI Tomahawk MAX
35
36 Does everyone has the same problems probably already solved
37 or any idea how I can those freezes?
38
39 Any help or idea what causes this freezes is very appreciated! :)
40
41 Cheers!
42 Meino