From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] What can I use for a compressed file system?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 01:05:36
1 What can I use for a compressed file system? I am looking at setting up
2 a loopback mounted filesystem that I want to use to store backups into.
3 Compression is needed as space will become a limitation in the future (I
4 want to do a whole system backup that so far is 2:1 compressed via
5 tar.bzip2. I am thinking of using dirvish into a compressed loopback
6 mount - but how do I set up a compressed fs?
7
8 Squashfs, cloop and zisofs are readonly, I have looked at encfs (looks
9 nice), but it doesnt seem to compress, just encrypt and I dont want the
10 overhead, or need it. e2compr looks a bit like abandonware - what else
11 is available?
12
13 BillK
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list