From: Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locate
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:39:50
1 That works yes.
2 A bit much to typw though. Don't know if I'd save much time from first doing
3 a locate and the manually typing the cd [result] string :)
4
5 Martin S
6
7 2007/5/11, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
8 >
9 > On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:34:44 +0200, Martin S wrote:
10 >
11 > > Just recently tried using
12 > >
13 > > locate foo.conf | cd
14 > >
15 > > to automagically move to the directory in which I've saved foo.conf
16 > > Of course it didn't work as you can't cd to /bar/foo.conf
17 > >
18 > > I didn't find a way to dropping the actual file name from the result of
19 > > locate.
20 >
21 > cd $(dirname $(locate foo.conf))
22 >
23 > --
24 > Neil Bothwick
25 >
26 > WinErr 010: Reserved for future mistakes by our developers
32 Regards,
33
34 Martin S