From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot has no space left.
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 10:20:54
1 On Monday, 27 June 2022 11:03:51 BST Dale wrote:
2 > Guillermo García wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > I was updating my gentoo install, and now it says that /boot has 0
6 > > bytes, however i don't know why since i never save anything in that
7 > > folder.
8 > >
9 > > Any idea on what can i do?
10 > >
11 > > Thanks.
12 >
13 > I'd start by doing this:
14 >
15 > du -shc /boot/* | sort -h
16 >
17 > That will show the size of files in /boot and sort them from smallest to
18 > largest. It could be that you have a large number of kernels and maybe
19 > init thingys in there. If so, some house cleaning may be required.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
24
25 Also check the output of mount, or findmnt, to determine if /boot is the
26 mountpoint of a partition and if it is currently mounted or not.
27
28 The /boot directory is typically where the boot manager files are installed, as
29 well as the kernel & initrd images, kernel config and System.map files.