From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub-2 update
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 20:16:02
1 On 16-Jul-15 22:08, James wrote:
2
3 >> I have similar setup as you and upgraded grub without any
4 >> problem. If beta2-r3 worked for you, beta2-r7 will as well.
5 >> If you did not disable /boot automount, there are no special
6 >> steps needed. Portage will mount /boot, update grub, and
7 >> dismound afterwards...
8 >
9 > AHHHHH do tell me more::
10 >
11 > /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 defaults,noatime 0 2
12 > /dev/sda3 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
13 > /dev/sda4 /usr/local ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
14 >
15 > How do I make sure it's set to automount?
16
17 It is per default so. You can only disable it by some
18 variable (forgot its name). If you want to be sure, simply
19 mount /boot (if it is not yet) before updating grub.
20
21 > changes I should make ?? I've been bitten too many times
22 > on kernel updates to not be very cautious....--
23
24 No changes are necessary. Config-files remain as they were.
25 I'have been using grub2 since it went stable and never had
26 any problem with it...
27
28 Jarry
30 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
31 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.