From: Dimitar Toshev <mo6eeeb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to deploy a video lab?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:03:32
1 On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 13:15 +0600, simply change wrote:
2 > AybOwan! (=welcome)
3 >
4 > dear lu_zero,
5 >
6 > im a Sinhalease from Sri lanka. i have a small company here in lanka
7 > (video filming company ex:- wedding, parties filming). my editing
8 > tools are Adobe Premeir,after effect, etc like propriatary software.so
9 > now i want to fully migrate to Gentoo Linux. today i just try to
10 > emerge Cinelerra to my Gentoo box but it has been Masked. so friends
11 > please be kind enought to advice me to setting up a full professional
12 > video lab using Gentoo Linux.
13 >
14 > --
15 > ...
16 > "The future lies ahead."
17 > _______________________
18 > < Have you mooed today? >
19 > -----------------------
20 > \ ^__^
21 > \ (oo) \_______
22 > (__) \ )\/\
23 > ||------w |
24 > || ||
25 >
26 > Gentoo Linux 2.6.12-gentoo-r4-Adapt-v1.1#
27
28 I rally doubt that gentoo is the right choice for a video lab. It might
29 work, but it would take a lot of time and if everything works under win,
30 why do you want to move to gentoo? If you are really certain that it's
31 specifically gentoo that you want and nothing else, please read the docs
32 at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml the handbook explains
33 how to work with portage, what masked packages are, etc.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list