From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to my emerge -u?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:43:08
1 On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:44:45 +0200, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > > I don't know why it's written in such an opaque manner (a simple
4 > > `if` would suffice), but it seems like this error is printed only if
5 > > x86 is used and SSE2 is disabled, which doesn't make sense to me?
6 > > Is SSE2 required for building/ running NodeJS on x86 machines?
9 > But how can my CPU be mistaken for a 32-bit machine?
10 >
11 > /Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz/
12
13 It's not your CPU type but the type of CPU you are building for. The key
14 information from emerge --info is
15
16 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
17
18 when it should be
19
20 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
21
22 However, it is not as simple as editing make.conf, changing the CHOST of
23 an installation is not supported, the setting is usually derived from the
24 stage3 you started with.
25
26 Backup settings and home then reinstall may be the easiest way out of
27 this.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.