From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google Talk and 9999 versions
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:28:01
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > on my partial ~amd64 system, I have googletalk-plugin installed, and
3 > it serves me well. On my new box (also partial ~amd64, but far more in
4 > the stable realm than unstable realm), I tried to emerge
5 > googletalk-plugin, and it's masked. It's also a '9999' version
6 > package. I vaguely recall that '9999' packages are special somehow.
7 > How is that?
11 I think those are called the live builds. Basically, they are not
12 tested much and are really close to falling off the bleeding edge. I
13 rarely mess with those. There is a google-talkplugin-2.5.6.0 that is
14 not live but keyworded. If it was me, I would at least try that version
15 first. It is likely tested a bit more, not going to change so often and
16 be stable as it gets in the unstable branch of the tree. If that fails,
18 9999 build. I'd also cross my fingers for good measure.
19
20 Dale
21
25 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!