From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for other Seamonkey users
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 18:45:44
1 On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:30:36 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > One thing, among others, I like about Seamonkey, folders and automatic
4 > sorting.  For example, your reply went to a folder where all Gentoo user
5 > mailing list emails go.  It also shows them by thread.  I like the
6 > thread option for mailing lists but can disable it in other folders
7 > where threads don't do well.  I repeat that for other mailing lists,
8 > -dev for example, but also for my bank, online retailers like ebay or
9 > Amazon etc.  Each has their own place to go.  One reason I do that, my
10 > filters are set up in such a way that if a email is made to look like
11 > one of those but comes from somewhere else, a scam or phishing, it
12 > doesn't filter.  It stays in the inbox and that tells me to be
13 > suspicious.  If I were to use IMAP, could I still do that?  Does IMAP
14 > use folders and filters?  I admit, I don't think I've ever used IMAP.
15
16 It does support folders. You can still do the sorting in Seamonkey and
17 the results will be available to any other clients you use, but only if
18 you run Seamonkey first. The alternative is to do the sorting when the
19 mail is downloaded, using something like procmail. Then you mails will be
20 sorted regardless of the client you use.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 WinErr 012: Window closed - Do not look inside