From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 06:23:00
1 On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 08:06 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > why is it always vim users who get their panties in a knot about
3 > nothing?
4 >
5 You are likely wrong about this. I'm willing to bet that a lot of
6 people, even people responding to this thread, are vim users. However
7 most of us know how to set an environment variable.
8
9 What you are witnessing is one person trolling and purporting that it is
10 "always vim users".
11
12 > just set EDITOR, you are done.
13 >
14 > You might be surprised to know, that most people do not have vim
15 > installed.
16 > But you are forcing others to adhere to something?
17 >
18 > Things change. Maybe vim users should realize that too
19
20 I've actually never heard of any veteran Gentoo users who use vim
21 complain about anything. Gentoo is *very* friendly to vim, just look
22 at /usr/portage/app-vim. Maybe I've been completely blind but in the 7
23 years I've been using Gentoo this is the first time I've heard a vim
24 user "get their panties in a knot" and this can be easily discounted as
25 trollage.
26
27 So perhaps your apparent frustration is misdirected?