From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Which USB device on which controller?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:34:26
1 On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > But that's OK isn't it?  I don't need 2.0 speeds between each webcam
5 > and the controller, I just need the increased overall bandwidth of a
6 > 2.0 controller so one of the 1.1 webcams doesn't use all of it.  I get
7 > the feeling I have a misconception somewhere along the line here.
8 > Could someone straighten me out?
9 >
10 > - Grant
11
12 But if your 1.1 webcam slows the bus down to 12Mb/S and then uses that
13 much bandwidth (or a large portion of it) there wouldn't be any time
14 left for the controller to go back to 2.0 speeds anyway.
15
16 Plan on 12Mb/S max for all devices in total if you plug the device
17 into the 2.0 bus.
18
19 - Mark