From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A couple questions related to fbsplash
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:47:55
1 On 30/05/12 09:42, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > In all my years of Gentoo I've never set up fbsplash and fbcondecor,
3 > so I finally did so on my old laptop. It all worked, pretty easy to
4 > set up -- however, there are 2 things I have questions about:
5 >
6 > 1) I see much of OpenRC's colorful output before the fbsplash kicks
7 > in. Is there any trick to prevent that stuff from showing and/or
8 > making the splash screen show up earlier?
9
10 Yes. Compile the KMS driver in-kernel rather than as a module.
13 > 2) With the fbsplash enabled, xdm (slim) starts in the background. I
14 > have to alt-7 to see the graphical login screen. xdm starts at default
15 > runlevel. With splash disabled, xdm (slim) starts in the foreground.
16 > Why is that?
17
18 Sounds like a bug. I use KDM and it switches to console 7 automatically.