From: "Hervé Guillemet" <hg@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel support for: i211 - intel network driver
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 11:41:00
1 Le 16/11/2020 à 11:38, J. Roeleveld a écrit :
2 On Friday, 13 November 2020 23:18:29 CET thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 > I have Asus X570-pro MB with Intel I211-AT network
4 > When I compiled into the kernel (not as module) the "IGB" network driver
5 > but the network is not recognized.
6 >
7 > lsmod |grep igb is not showing anything.
8 >
9 > I think the above commend only show anything if I compile it as a
10 > module, isn't it?
11 > If I compile it into the kernel, it will not show anything.
12 >
13 > Anyhow, what driver should I use.
14
15 Yes, built-in drivers do not show up in lsmod.
16
17 I have this motherboard and I'm using the IGB driver (Intel(R)
18 82575/82576), built-in.
19
20 Have a look in dmesg and ifconfig, maybe the network adapter is
21 recognized but your network configuration is wrong.
24 Hervé Guillemet