From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FTP Server
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 19:06:45
1 On 6/6/06, Evan Klitzke <eklitzke@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 6/6/06, Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I agree with Daniel, if you learn on a GUI its far too easy to make
4 > > bad websites. Start with VI and a good book, and do yourself a favor
5 > > learning CSS and XHTML since that is where web design is headed.
6 >
7 > It is probably a good idea to start with a good text editor and a
8 > book, but trying to learn vi and web design at the same time might be
9 > a bit overwhelming!
12 That's precisely why I didn't point it to GVIM for Windows, *lol*.
13 And yes, a good book, online tutorial (I even like the CHM format) is
14 the way to start, I had big trouble using GUIs, couldn't even create a
15 simple table without a wizard, venturing in the world of text-only was
16 the way to learn. Of course, you don't have to be a dinossaur and use
17 vi or nano or notepad. You can use syntax highlight, completion,
18 auto-ident, line numbering and snippets. But you must KNOW how to do
19 it by hand in case you have no other option.
20
21 > -- Evan
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list