From: laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix, courier-imap: checks if working
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:53:12
1 Xav' a écrit :
2 > On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:15:33 +0200, laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I'm following this how to:
8 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml
9 >>
10 >> after configuring courier-imap they say:
11 >> Start up your favorite mail client and verify that all connections
12 >> you've started work for receiving and sending mail. Of course, you won't
13 >> be able to log on to any of the services because authentication hasn't
14 >> been configured yet, but it is wise to check if the connections
15 >> themselves work or not.
16 >>
17 >> I'm using mutt, saying there's no mailbox. Creating mailbox is done
18 >> later in the how to.
19 >> What do they mean, how can I test if smtpd and pop3d work fine ?
22 > They mean that you have to check with your client that
23 > pop3/pop3s/smtp/imap/imaps connection are established with success.
24 > You can do this with either telnet or netcat for pop3/smtp/imap protocol
25 > and see if the server answer to the connection and with openssl s_client
26 > for pop3s/imaps connection.
27 >
28 > HTH.
29 > Xavier
32 >> Thanks
33 >> Laurent
40 ks359684 ~ # telnet host.domain.com 25
41 Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
42 Connected to host.domain.com.
43 Escape character is '^]'.
44 Connection closed by foreign host.