From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with CPU temperature (Santa Rosa CPU)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:01:14
1 On Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2007, Marco Calviani wrote:
2 > yes i can imagine there could be something wrong with ACPI, but how
3 > can i recognize it?
4
5 posting your config? make menuconfig and reading the help-text to all the
6 acpi-options?
7
8 > What is fancontrol?
9
10 a nice tool, included into lm_sensors. pwmconfig to configure
11 it /etc/init.d/fancontrol start, to start it. If everything works, it will
12 spin the fans up/down when the temperature rises/goes down.
13
14 I have it running on my desktop and it is great - 1000rpm instead of 3000 at
15 the moment.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list