From: Miles Malone <m.malone@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do I need NUMA set up in my kernel?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:39:59
1 You'd need NUMA if you had a NUMA machine. In current context, that
2 would be either a) a dual socket system, b) an amd threadripper, or c)
3 some of the really high core xeons. If your motherboard doesnt have
4 certain memory banks allocated to certain processors or cores, you're
5 probably not running a NUMA machine.
6
7 NUMA stands for non-uniform memory access, it means that certain
8 processor cores have more direct access to certain parts of memory
9 than others do (e.g. to access the other memory they need the other
10 cpu core to pass it through)
11