From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to unstable
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:34:03
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2010-04-12 12:23 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> +1 I been using the latest portage for a long time too. I don't recall
5 >> any problems with it and the new features sure do help.
6 >>
7 >> If you keyword portage, you need to do the same for its friends. Mainly
8 >> gentoolkit and eix. They seem to go together better. If you run one
9 >> without the other, it can do some weird things.
10 >>
11 > Ok, I'm seriously considering it... thanks. Are those really the only 3?
12 >
13 > Thanks again...
17 Those are the most commonly used portage type packages that I use
18 anyway. I know recently I had portage running on the latest then
19 equery got a tummy ache and sort of puked at me. So, I had to get the
20 latest for equery too. Then I needed the latest eix as well. It's been
21 pretty much happy since then tho.
22
23 It works fine tho. They seem to test portage pretty well before it hits
24 the tree.
25
26 Dale
27