From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: Openoffice dies on startup
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 21:37:58
1 BOTTOM LINE (even though it's at the top)
2 It appears openoffice-bin depends on some things that are not marked
3 in the ebuild.
4
5 My attempt to compile openoffice (not bin) failed due to disk space,
6 but not until about
7 8 dependencies had been compiled. Openoffice-bin had not pulled them in.
8 I never did complete the compile. I trimmed distfiles and packages
9 and in other ways
10 got up to 12 GB free space and emerged openoffice-bin. It runs fine now.
11
12 This is not proof for various reasons, but I suspect the additional
13 dependencies did
14 the trick. Or maybe it was disk space. Not much else changed.
15
16 ++ kevin
17