From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] local.start and sending an email
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:09:40
1 Good afternoon,
2
3 I have the following 2 entries in /etc/conf.d/local.start
4
5 # Record system restart
6 echo "System restart on `date +%F` at `date +%R`" >> /var/log/reboot.log
7
8 # Send email notification that the system just restarted
9 date|mutt -s 'System restarted' myemail@myprovider
10
11 The first one properly records the fact that the system has been
12 restarted, but I do not receive an email. Watching the console as the
13 system comes up, I see a Segmentation Fault when the second command
14 executes. Running that command from a shell prompt works fine. I am
15 under the impression, possibly incorrectly, that local.start is run
16 after all other init scripts.
17
18 depend() {
19 after *
20 }
21
22 Do I perhaps need to pause a bit in order to let something else finish?
23 I am using ssmtp for mail.
24
25 Thanks,
26 John