From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing cpan repo in emerge
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 09:28:34
1 On Sun, 6 July 2014, at 11:47 pm, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > How do I change emerge/ebuild from using cpan to metacpan to a local repo?
4
5 If you're just creating a local ebuild - i.e. bumping to a version that isn't in portage - then I think you should be able to just download the .tar.gz file and stick it in /usr/portage/distfiles/ before creating the manifest.
6
7 Alternatively you might be able to set RESTRICT="fetch" in the ebuild (from the dev-java/sun-jdk ebuilds), so that the download is ignored and your tarball is used.
8
9 Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do.
10
11 Stroller.