From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird SMP problem
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:42:57
1 >> and the solution seems to be upgrade to 0.9.4. Hmmm. I think my
2 >> only option is to disable SMP support until this is fixed.
3 >
4 > 'Tis indeed a sad state of affairs.
5 >
6 > I'm also out of my depth here (never used madwifi), but what happens is
7 > you downgrade to a version lower than 0.9.3.3?
8 >
9 > Unless 0.9.4 is the first version to support amd64, in which case I'd
10 > agree that you are out of luck.
11
12 That's a good idea and it might work but I've got a critical system
13 picking up the wireless signal a fair distance away. I'd rather not
14 jeopardize it and just let core #2 sleep for now. I guess I should
15 try again with another release of the kernel or madwifi.
16
17 Thanks again.
18
19 - Grant