From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext3 with errors
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:17:47
1 Hello Arnau Bria,
2
3 > Now, I have a new disk and I want to set a RAID1, but first, I'm
4 > wondering what to do to save my fs consistency. So, I want to copy data
5 > from old disk to new disk, but I'm not sure if I must do a cp -a or a
6 > dd. I mean, if I do a cp -a my new disk will have a new journaling, and
7 > if I do a dd, new disk will have same. Am I right? What do you
8 > recommend?
9
10 Create a two disk RAID1 using only your existing disk, marking the other
11 disk missing. Then add your new disk and the RAID will automatically
12 update it from the first disk.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Religious error: (A)tone, (R)epent, (I)mmolate?