From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrade kernel
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 22:12:27
1 On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:56:12 +0400
2 "Vladimir Rusinov" <vladimir@×××××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > On 7/9/07, Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > I have problems to upgrade my kernel from 2.6.18-r6 to upper
7 > > versions. If I use my 2.6.18-r6 config file and I do a make, after
8 > > reboot I can't boot the new kernel. After the message about free
9 > > kernel memory, it stops with any message.
10 > > I can reboot, I can use my keyboard, but I have no info because it
11 > > happens.
12 > > Same problem if I try to configure a new kernel without an old
13 > > config. Can someone help me?
16 > Try to customize your PATA & SATA settings. There are a lot of
17 > changes and moves in >= 2.6.19.
18 >
19 Yes; if you use PATA I recommend using the old ATA drivers and not the
20 new 'Experimental' PATA drivers. It's a little easier to configure the
21 boot that way.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list