From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Locale definition for OpenOffice
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:03:20
1 Uwe Thiem schreef:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I am in the process of writing the locale definition for Namibia for
5 > OpenOffice. Before I submit it, I'd like to test it locally. I thought of
6 > doing it this way:
7 >
8 > Untar OOo_1.1.4_source.tar.gz manually.
9 > Add my locale definition to resulting source tree.
10 > Hack the Makefile in that directory (seems easy enough).
11 > Tar everything up again and mv it to /usr/portage/distfiles.
12 > Emerge OO again.
13 >
14 > Certainly I have to adjust some checksums before emerging it again. When I do
15 > a "md5sum /usr/portage/distfiles/OOo_1.1.4_source.tar.gz" (before changing
16 > anything, of course), the resulting checksum does not match any of those in
17 > the Manifest. I am unsure now what I have to adjust. The only file I am going
18 > to change is the tarball itself. Anybody to the rescue? ;-)
19 >
20 > Uwe
23 First of all, I would suggest copying the original ebuild to
24 /usr/local/portage/app-office/openoffice (or wherever you keep your
25 overlay), along with any files in the /files folder (and the folder
26 itself) in Portage (so if the build is normally patched by Gentoo, those
27 patches are available to the overlay build as well).
28
29 I would then revise the ebuild to change the name to something that
30 specifies that this is your ebuild and not the one in portage
31 (openoffice-1.1.4-ut, or whatever. IIrc, you also have to edit the
32 header of the ebuild to conform with the new name, and possibly also the
33 'name' of the tarball within the ebuild, if you change the tarball name).
34
35 Tar up your revised source (you might have to/want to name it
36 OOo_1.1.4_source-ut.tar.gz, which wouldn't be a bad idea in any case) in
37 /usr/portage/distfiles.
38
39 Then digest the overlay ebuild with
40
41 ebuild
42 /usr/local/portage/app-office/openoffice/openoffice-1.1.4-ut.ebuild digest
43
44 This will create a manifest using the newly-generated checksum for your
45 ebuild and tarball.
46
47 Emerge OOo normally-- since your ebuild is newer than the one in
48 Portage, it should be the one emerged.
49
50 These instructions should be generally valid, but possibly inexact,
51 since I don't do this that often, but I've done it often enough to
52 generally remember how it's done when necessary.
53
54 Of course all this pre-supposes that you have an overlay set up in your
55 /etc/make.conf, but I would imagine that you do, if you're making these
56 sort of adjustments for upstream programs.
57
58 HTH,
59 Holly
60 --