From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Questions about building from source tarball
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 00:31:36
1 Thanks for the pointer. It got me going... sort of. Now I know why
2 we don't have the latest seamonkey in the Gentoo tree. It requires
3 >=dev-libs/nspr-4.9.3 and the highest ebuild of nspr in the tree is
4 4.9.2, even though I did an "emerge sync" today. So I'd have to build
5 nspr and nss locally from tarballs, and then set .mozconfig's
6 nspr-prefix and nss-prefix to the local copy... bleagh. I'll just wait
7 until nspr gets at least a keyworded 4.9.3 in the tree.
10 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
11 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications