From: Goran Maksimovic <goran@××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with changing virtual terminals
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:15:51
1 Hi!
2
3 I will try that but where if I haven't got this should I put it? Thanx for you help :).
4
5 Bye
6
7 Goran
8
9 -----Original message-----
10 From: Teresa and Dale teendale@×××××××××××××.com
11 Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 03:33:07 +0200
12 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
13 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with changing virtual terminals
14
15 > Goran Maksimovic wrote:
16 >
17 > >Hi!
18 > >
19 > >I installed Gentoo 2006.0 with LiveCD and then in my /etc/make.conf I enabled portage feature ~x86 so I could install the latest Xorg and KDE. When all was over I entered KDE by startx as normal user and noticed that I can't change virtual terminals by ctrl+alt+f1 and so on and neither by chvt command. But I can change when I startx as root so I don't know what is wrong; also with xev I checked if keys ctrl,alt and function keys are identified and it seems that they are?! Gentoo is installed on my HP nx9105 laptop which is dual booting with WinXP. Please help :) because I am stuck :)!
20 > >
21 > >Bye
22 > >
23 > >Goran
26 > Check the xorg.conf file and look for this. Mine works and this is what
27 > mine looks like, yours should be the same.
28 >
29 > > # Option "NoTrapSignals"
30 > >
31 > > # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
32 > > # (where n is 1 through 12). This allows clients to receive these key
33 > > # events.
36 > Hope that helps.
37 >
38 > Dale