From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Did I not get the memo about perl & python?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:39:04
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Michael Orlitzky<michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 10/17/2011 05:07 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >>> Sort of strange. One of my machines just showed up wanting to rebuild
5 >>> about 25 packages due to a USE flag change? All the packages were
6 >>> showing -perl and/or -python. Seemed like a strange change at this
7 >>> point in the life of a desktop PC so I added both flags to make.conf
8 >>> and the machine is once again content to update just a couple of
9 >>> packages.
10 >>>
11 >>> I don't recall seeing any discussion about this.Was there??
12 >>>
13 >> Not really. This is about it:
14 >>
15 >> http://blog.jolexa.net/
16 >>
17 >> I complained about the lack of USE flag documentation, life goes on. You
18 >> can probably do without them set.
21 > <hehe> So who is this Jeremy guy anyway, thinking he'll just change
22 > USE flag defaults to make _his_ life easier? ;-)
23 >
24 > OK, I'm fine with it, and glad to know I wasn't purposely left off the
25 > distribution list. I go into a funk and am hard to be around when that
26 > happens... ;-)
27 >
28 > Chaeers,
29 > Mark
33 I disabled mine a while back. I had only one package that I had to add
34 it back in package.use. As far as I can tell, everything works fine.
35 Package you wonder:
36
37 app-mobilephone/gammu python
38
39 May want to think about removing them, if it interests you.
40
41 Dale
42