From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: attn Old farts (gopher server?)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:06:06
1 On 2015-02-11, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Ah this ought to take many of you old farts for a trip down
4 > memory lane
5 >
6 > Remember gopher from U Minsesota [1] ?
7
8 You bet. Back in days of yore, the group I worked in had its own
9 internal intranet gopher server. It wasn't too long before http/html
10 came along and we set up a parllel internal web site. They co-exsted
11 for a while, and in the beginning there were plenty of
12 gopher://<whatever>/ links on many of the web pages.
15 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I feel like a wet
16 at parking meter on Darvon!
17 gmail.com