From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] HP printing query
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:08:13
1 I ran into a problem trying to print yesterday -- solved for now -- ,
2 but would like to simplify things for the next occasion.
3
4 What appears to have happened is that when I updated Hplip + Cups,
5 one of them created a new printer, so that the list now appears as :
6
7 Deskjet_2510 Automatically setup by HPLIP
8 HP Deskjet 2510 Series hpijs, 3.13.9 Paused - "Filter failed"
9 Deskjet_2510_2 Deskjet_2510_2
10 HP Deskjet 2510 Series hpijs, 3.13.9 Idle
11
12 I had the Vim plug-in 'prtdialog' + Kwrite + LO set to use the former,
13 but needed to change them all to the latter to get the printer to respond.
14
15 Is this something I have to allow for whenever I update those pkgs ?
16 I can delete the old one as root, but can I rename the new one ?
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca