From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot print pdf documents from KDE4
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:02:41
1 On Friday 29 January 2010 22:04:44 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:19:46 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > I checked another machine (of a similar build) which does not seem to
4 > > have app-text/poppler emerged (only app-text/poppler-data,
5 > > app-text/poppler-utils, dev-libs/poppler, dev-libs/poppler-qt4,
6 > > virtual/poppler, virtual/poppler-qt4, virtual/poppler-utils).
7 >
8 > What arch are you running on these machines? poppler recently moved from
9 > dev-libs to app-text on ~arch. This looks like you could be running the
10 > stable arch with a number of packages in portage.keywords?
11
12 They are both running stable x86, with the only keyworded package being: ~kde-
13 misc/kim4-0.9.5
14
15 What's the right way to proceed here? I see that app-text/poppler
16 does not show the lcms flag until version 0.12.3-r2, which is currently in
17 testing. I take it that app-text/poppler is not a dependency because it would
18 have been pulled in when I emerged whichever meta package brought in
19 Dophin/Konqueror. Is it that in time dev-libs/poppler will be deprecated and
20 app-text/poppler will be pulled in then?
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick