From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:29:42
1 On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 08:33:56 +0100
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > But the next machine will not have KDE on it -
5 > > all this RAM nonsense started by trying to get Akonadi to work, for
6 > > very loose definitions of "work", such as "show me my mail sometime
7 > > today"
8 > >
9 > > e17 beckons.
10 >
11 > Let us know which mail client you end up with. Although I now use
12 > e17 and before that I used a rather edited Fluxbox (I avoid bloatware
13 > DEs if I can help it) I am still using kmail because attempts to
14 > adopt other mail clients ended up in disappointment.
15
16 At the moment I'm using claws and it seems quite fine. It has it's
17 funnies (mostly just different behaviour from kmail actually) so I need
18 to rewire my brain a bit.
19
20 It wants to wait for me to manually expunge folders, and I haven't quite
21 figured out how to always get it to use the correct .sig (a few times
22 my work .sig got used on mailing lists where I always use gmail), but
23 claws has these two amazing features that make it a killer app for me:
24
25 - it will not ever compose html mail but does a decent job of display it
26 when received
27 - it actually sends, receives and stores mail (akonadi users will
28 appreciate how a mailer can get to make that insanely more complex
29 than it needs to be)
34 Alan McKinnnon
35 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com