From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VLC
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:02:19
1 Mia culpa. It looks like there was a problem in my package.use file. I had
2 copied the flage for vlc from an article and got a carriage return in there.
3 I'm building vlc for the 3rd time this should do it.
4
5 On Wednesday 27 June 2007, a tiny voice compelled Ernie Schroder to write:
6 > I merged vlc using the flags suggested in the gentoo documentation. When I
7 > started the merge, I got an unknown atom warning for wxwindows but went
8 > ahead with the install. I've got no GUI, though I can run it from the
9 > command line. There doesn't seem to be any hot keys. I did some digging and
10 > found a reference to wxwindows being changed to wxWidgets temporarily. See
11 > line 113 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/changeset/7045
12 > Emerge -av vlc shows nothing like wxWidgets in the list of flags, but I
13 > didn't get the atom warning about it. Is this change permanent? Still in
14 > effect? The merge is running now. Hopefully I'll get a GUI. Any thoughts?
15 > --
16 > Regards, Ernie
21 Regards, Ernie
22 --