From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no CD or DVD but "rules" seem correct-FIXED
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 19:59:07
1 > > CONFIG_M586=y
2 > Nothing to do with your disks, but why this setting?
3 > You seem to have a 64bit Opteron, not a MkI pentium
4
5 CPU is an AMD product, sempron3100, 32bit. It's based
6 on the 3200 64bit.
7
8 > > CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC=m
9 >
10 > is this module loaded?
11
12 Overlooked this one. I loaded it and the lite-on CD
13 now works but not the DVD.
14
15 > > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_AMD74XX=m
16 >
17 > is this module loaded?
18
19 Didn't make a difference.
20
21 > And we should check that the devices haven't changed
22 > names meanwhile...
23 > The major/minor numbers will be the same, so run ls
24 > -al and grep for
25 > these strings:
26
27 ls -al where? Under /dev
28
29 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 May 9 08:25
30 cdrom -> hdc
31 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 May 9 08:25
32 cdrom1 -> hdd
33 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 May 9 08:25 cdrw
34 -> hdc
35
36 appear since loading ide-generic.ko
37
38 heathen@localhost ~ $ ls -l /dev/hdd
39 brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 22, 64 May 9 08:25 /dev/hdd
40
41 Which matches numbers from devices.txt.
42
43 OK, success! gmplayer looks for /dev/dvd so I changed
44 that in gmplayer->preferences to /dev/cdrom1 and now
45 all is peace and light.
46
47 Thanks Alan
48
49 Maxim
50
52 Do You Yahoo!?
53 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
54 http://mail.yahoo.com
55 --
56 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list